Gender Equity LENS
Our new Gender Equity LENS e-learning module gives you the information and tools you need to act on your commitment to gender equity, helping you make policy and program decisions to better serve women and girls in your sport.
You’ll learn how to bring a gender lens to your decision-making and create the conditions to support women and girls to participate, lead and stay involved.
What is the LENS framework?
Whether we realize it or not, each of us looks at the world differently, through different lenses which shape our perceptions, attitudes, and actions. The LENS framework is a four-step process developed to help you make more equitable decisions by taking stock of the relevant issues and barriers, challenging assumptions, prioritizing your ideas, and making an action plan for equity.
Why should I take this e-learning module?
This module was designed for sport leaders and decision makers – anyone who shapes sport programming, ranging from coaches to CEOs of sport organizations. Everybody has a role to play in making sport more inclusive and reducing barriers for people who have historically been excluded, like girls and women.
What can I expect?
By taking this e-learning module, you will:
- build your understanding of key equity and inclusion concepts, including gender, intersectionality, and unconscious bias;
- learn how embracing gender equity can make your sport better for all involved;
- learn how to apply our LENS framework to help you ask the right questions and challenge assumptions that keep equity out of reach; and,
- learn how to create sport environments that support women and girls to participate and lead in sport over the long term
- Receive two NCCP professional development points upon completion of the Gender Equity LENS e-learning module (if you are registered with The Locker through the Coaching Association of Canada)
Individuals can register for the e-learning module at the “Register here” link at the top of this page.
Contact us to learn how you can purchase a set of access codes for your organization.
Have you taken the Gender Equity LENS training? See our guidance on how to maximize the impact of online diversity and inclusion training!