Experts Connect: Building a Positive Team Culture
The social environment coaches and activity leaders create for their participants has a huge impact on how much girls engage in and enjoy sport. This conversation will focus on how to establish and support a positive sport culture for your team that prioritizes social connection.
Given the current realities of social distancing, how can sport leaders and coaches continue to promote social connection for their athletes?
In this conversation with Kevin Wilson, founder of the National Basketball Youth Mentorship Program, we will be exploring questions such as:
- What is the impact of positive role modeling in building a positive culture?
- How does NBYMP program successfully created social connection in a virtual environment?
- How are your mentors trained to build meaningful connections by creating a safe environment?
- How have the needs of the youth and athlete community changed?
The slides presented will be bilingual (English and French) but the conversation will be primarily in English.
Submit your questions in advance to email@example.com!
This conversation is part of our Experts Connect: Building Social Connection for Girls in Sport series, highlighting how organizations are bringing to life the guidance from our She Belongs resource. Each conversation focuses on a different principle for fostering social connection, with context provided by a guest expert who will discuss their current programming challenges and successes, as well as tangible tips and guidelines that sport and community organizations can use in designing their own programs.
Learn more about She Belongs.
Join the other conversations in the Experts Connect: Building Social Connection for Girls in Sport series:
- Creating a Safe Environment for All Girls (May 13)
- Redefining Risk-Taking (May 20)