WISE Fund Grant
We know that a lack of funding dedicated to sport opportunities for women and girls is a barrier for organizations working to advance gender equity in sport.
Since 2004, Canadian Women and Sport has awarded $150, 000 in grants through our WISE Fund to leaders and organizations across Canada to help address this gap.
With the support of Sport Canada, the 2020 WISE Fund will grant 30 organizations $2500 to advance gender equity in Canadian sport – helping Canadian Women and Sport bring our strategic goals to life.
The new WISE Fund program is designed to inspire innovative initiatives, creating quality opportunities for women and girls to participate and lead through sport.
To learn more about who should apply and how, visit our Application Process page!
The WISE Fund Timeline
- Late October/early November: Application forms and criteria will be posted on the Application Process page. We will accept submissions for about a month after the launch date.
- January/February: Applicants selected to the shortlist will be notified
- Early March: All applicants will be notified as to the status of their application.
- Mid/Late March: The recipients will be announced on the Canadian Women and Sport website and social media.
- Funding must be spent between April 1st, 2020 and March 31st, 2021.
Due to the high submission volume, Canadian Women and Sport will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of individual applications. We are also not able to provide individual feedback on unsuccessful applications.
We do our best to make our criteria clear and will continue to refine the application process so you know exactly what we’re looking for!
Check our newsletter for yearly information about application dates and deadlines.