WISE Fund Grant
A lack of funding dedicated to creating equitable opportunities for women and girls to participate and lead in the sport system is a barrier to achieving gender equity in Canada.
Since 2004, Canadian Women and Sport has awarded $250,000 in grants through our WISE Fund to leaders and organizations across Canada to help address this gap.
With the support of Sport Canada, the 2021 WISE Fund will grant 45 organizations $2500 to advance gender equity in Canadian sport.
Our Commitments to You
- With a recognition of the challenges that lie ahead due to COVID-19, Canadian Women & Sport is committed to supporting Canadian organizations through their recovery process and to supporting their work to advance gender equity.
- Statements from the United Nations and the Canadian Human Rights Commission outline the disproportionate impacts of the pandemic on women and girls and warn of the potential long-term consequences if a gender-equitable recovery plan is not prioritized. We want to support organizations to keep the momentum for gender equity work going in the right direction.
- Canadian Women & Sport is committed to the equitable distribution of grant funds to all communities and underrepresented groups across the country. This year, we will strengthen our commitment by dedicating a minimum of 60% of grant funding towards organizations or initiatives led by or directly serving women and girls who are:
- Indigenous peoples (First Nations, Métis, and Inuit)
- People of Colour (people who are non-white, regardless of birthplace)
- Deaf Persons, Persons with Disabilities
Applications for our 2021 WISE Fund are closed. We will update this page with information about the 2022 WISE Fund. Applications are expected to open in October of 2021.
To learn more about who should apply and how, visit our Application Process page!