Position Available: Program Coordinator
Canadian Women & Sport is seeking a full-time Program Coordinator, specifically supporting the Gender Equity Playbook program. This dynamic, high-impact position reports directly to the Manager of Programs and works closely with staff, contractors, committees, and other external stakeholders.
The Program Coordinator will be integral to the Gender Equity Playbook program, planning and executing activities designed to support the scale of this program to build knowledge, shift attitudes and develop competencies for gender equity.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, has strong communication skills (both oral and written), is results orientated and can seamlessly navigate multiple tech systems. They can bring a strong intersectional gender lens, reflecting diversity, equity and inclusion in their work.
Execute the measurement and evaluation plan and apply findings to refine the Gender Equity Playbook tools, ensuring program materials are up-to-date, evidence-based and relevant.
- With the support of the operations teams, build out and manage the program back end, enhancing the efficiency and scalability of the program.
- Manage the program’s administration, ensuring effective documentation.
- Manage copy edit, design and translation processes as required.
- Process project-related expenses and honoraria.
- Generate comprehensive weekly progress updates on all active initiatives.
Support Program Relationships:
- Competently recruit and retain program stakeholders, including participating organizations, program partners, consultants, etc.
- Work closely with staff, contractors, advisors and other stakeholders to generate measurable engagement and efficient program processes.
- Track stakeholder engagement and advise on engagement opportunities and strategies.
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to competently manage multiple activities and ability to prioritize, plan, and execute.
- Enjoys working in a team-orientated environment and culture.
- Strong research and versatile writing skills.
- Skilled at stakeholder engagement, participatory approaches and relationship management.
- Skilled at persuasive communication, including the ability to design and deliver interactive sessions to educate and engage, both virtually and in-person.
- Experience working or volunteering in the Canadian sport and physical activity system is an asset.
- Experience working with digital tools such as CRMs (Salesforce specifically), Microsoft Teams and SharePoint, Zoom, and Submittable or equivalents.
- Experience applying an intersectional gender equity lens, including specific understanding of anti-oppression and accessibility principles and their applications is a strong asset.
- Bilingualism (French-English) is a strong asset.
- This is a full-time permanent position with opportunity for flexible hours.
- Salary range is $45,000-$51,000 plus comprehensive health benefits.
- Most of the team is based in Toronto, but we will consider applicants located anywhere in Canada. In light of current restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this is currently a remote working position with possibility for permanent virtual or hybrid work environments in the future.
Canadian Women & Sport is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in our work environment. We actively encourage applications from persons who identify as women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and members of visible minorities. Self-identification by candidates is completely voluntary.
Deadline to apply is Tuesday August 31, 2021.