Position available: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Deadline to apply is Friday, February 19, 2021. Candidates should submit their resume HERE.
Canadian Women & Sport is seeking a full-time marketing and communications coordinator to provide support to our team. This multi-faceted, high-impact position reports to the Director, Marketing and Communications and works closely with staff, contractors, Board members and other external stakeholders.
The individual in this role holds key responsibility for the organization’s corporate communications, with emphasis on digital and social media, public relations and other strategic communication initiatives that drive brand awareness and measurable engagement with the organization and its offerings. As this role is part of a small staff team, flexibility to take on other tasks as needed is expected.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate content that positions Canadian Women & Sport as the leader in advocating for women and girls in sport
- Research and develop informative and engaging content, including investigative stories, monthly newsletter, position statements, case studies, blog and news posts, social media content and web copy
- Manage digital assets (website, social media, e-newsletter, database) and appropriate vendors
- Support the creation of a communications strategy and plan to leverage organizational knowledge assets
- Review and report appropriate metrics to optimize channel strategies (i.e., social, newsletter)
- Identify emerging issues within the sport community to develop proactive position statements
- Assist in media preparation for Canadian Women & Sport spokespeople as required
- Manage vendor relationships as needed
- Serve as an ambassador for Canadian Women & Sport
- Represent Canadian Women & Sport at events and conferences, through booths and networking
- Maintain and develop relationships with key stakeholders in sport system, advocating usage of Canadian Women & Sport thought leadership and responding to requests for support
- Deliver presentations, with training and support as needed
- Respond to inbound communications, with responsibility for the main email accounts
- Monitor usage of Canadian Women & Sport branding to ensure it meets brand standards
- Support program development team in promoting organizational offerings and thought leadership
- Collaborate with internal team to understand key offerings and identify opportunities for promotion
- Create news releases and other promotional material for website, newsletter and external communications
- Assist in coordinating virtual and in-person events as needed (i.e., webinars, panel discussions, etc.)
- Solicit/collect stakeholder feedback to inform program offerings
- Coordinate and support Board of Directors’ meetings
- Schedule board meetings and support meeting logistics
- Take board and committee meeting minutes and support with materials
- Other job duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- University/College education in communications, public relations, journalism, sport management, marketing or relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and expertise
- Professional oral and written ability in both Official Languages
- Strong copy writing and editing skills
- Experience using social media and social media management tools
- Understand and apply anti-oppressive and anti-racist positioning and language in communications strategies and materials, including following accessibility requirements
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, producing work on schedule
- Demonstrated ownership, initiative, accountability and problem-solving
- Flexible, adaptable and resourceful
- Strong assets
- Previous work or volunteer experience in the Canadian sport system
- Familiarity with graphics or video design
- This is a full-time permanent position with opportunity for flexible hours.
- Salary range is $45,000-$57,000 plus comprehensive health benefits.
- Most of the team, including the Director of Marketing & Communications, is based in Toronto, but we will consider applicants located anywhere in Canada. In light of current restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this is currently a remote working position.
Canadian Women & Sport is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in our work environment. We actively encourage applications from persons who identify as women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and members of visible minorities. Self-identification by candidates is completely voluntary.
Deadline to apply is Friday, February 19, 2021. Candidates should submit their resume HERE: https://cws.submittable.com/submit/186786/marketing-and-communications-coordinator-job-posting