Position Available: Manager of Digital Marketing & Communication
Canadian Women & Sport is seeking a full-time Manager of Digital Marketing & Communication who will be responsible for building and maintaining existing and new customer relationships through all our digital channels (web, direct email, social). This multi-faceted position reports to the Director, Finance & Operations and works closely with staff on the team, up and across the organization, and with contractors and Board members.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who has strong project management skills, excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and is comfortable managing digital marketing and communication platforms and vendors. They can bring an intersectional lens to their work, reflecting diversity, equity and inclusion.
The Manager of Digital Marketing & Communication will take a lead role in the development and implementation of marketing strategies for our key program offerings, events and workshops, as well as communication strategies related to revenue generation and partnerships. This role is uniquely positioned to work cross functionally and support a variety of initiatives, programs, and projects. As such, they will work closely with the operations and programs departments.
The successful candidate will join a team that is deeply committed to producing measurable change while also enjoying the process. We have a supportive, collaborative culture that prioritizes community and connection. We embrace continuous learning and innovation, and we invest in the growth and development of every team member to help them achieve their personal and professional goals. We strive to live our core values in everything we do.
Digital Marketing and Engagement
Grow engagement of sport leaders and organizations in our programming and initiatives.
In this capacity, you will:
- Support the development and lead the implementation of a strategic marketing plan.
- Build the engagement cycle, introducing effective engagement practices throughout the organization.
- Lead the packaging of our offerings to meet the needs and interests of the organization’s target audiences.
- Contribute to the execution of plans for direct marketing that drive the achievement of our KPIs.
- Develop and implement marketing and recruitment strategies that fill the pipeline for the organization’s programs. Work closely with program and project teams, ensuring that recruitment, awareness, and announcements are delivered on time, meet objectives, and incorporate funder and partner recognition.
- Create and publish content using digital marketing tools such as Salesforce Campaigns, HootSuite, and MailChimp.
- Monitor and provide reports on effectiveness of campaigns and strategies using digital marketing tool metrics to support decision making and improve future efforts.
Own the brand, increase awareness and reach among Canadian Women and Sport’s target audiences. In this capacity, you will:
- Support the development and implementation of a strategic communication plan.
- Help steward the organization’s brand and its evolution.
- Oversee and manage all creative and communications for the organizations external and internal channels including the communications calendar, social media, website, internal communication portal, department updates, and newsletters.
- Respond to inbound communications, with responsibility for the main email and social media accounts.
- Project manage agencies and vendors for content development and for consistency of brand messaging across all our platforms.
- Translate strategy briefs into powerful copy and stories that drive engagement on the organization’s digital media platforms.
Internal & External Event Support & Coordination
- Support other team members across departments with external in-person and virtual events (e.g., panel presentations, special events, etc) as needed.
Other job duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, public relations, sport management, business administration, marketing or relevant field.
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with an ability to get points/ideas across in a succinct and professional manner.
- Proven ability to project-manage deliverables cross functionally to internal teams and external partners. Experience creating project plans, managing timelines (gantt charts), planning effective meetings, and clear communication on next steps.
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing strategy and activation to drive growth in stakeholder engagement and brand commercialization.
- Skilled at stakeholder engagement, participatory approaches, and relationship management
- Experience using and optimizing digital marketing tools such as CRMs (Salesforce), Mailchimp, WordPress, Hootsuite.
- Demonstrated ability to independently design and deliver high quality, results-focused initiatives that meet organizational and funder expectations.
- Experience applying an intersectional gender equity lens, including specific understanding of anti-oppression and accessibility principles and their applications.
- Knowledge of the Canadian sport system.
- Previous work in a professional environment managing multiple stakeholders and projects.
- Bilingualism (French-English)
- This is a full-time, permanent remote position with the option of flexible working hours.
- We will consider applicants located anywhere in Canada.
- Salary range is $65,000 – $70,000 plus comprehensive health benefits.
SUBMITTING YOUR INTEREST
We provide equal opportunity for all applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by local law. Self-identification by candidates in the process is completely voluntary. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please email us at email@example.com if you require reasonable accommodation to complete this application. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline to apply is April 25th , 2023. Candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to the attention of Alison Spitzer, Director of Finance & Operations.
ABOUT CANADIAN WOMEN & SPORT
Canadian Women & Sport a national non-profit dedicated to creating an equitable and inclusive Canadian sport and physical activity system that empowers girls and women—as active participants and leaders—within and through sport. With a focus on systemic change, we partner with sport organizations, governments, and leaders to challenge the status quo and build better sport through gender equity.