Position Available: Knowledge Mobilization Manager
Canadian Women & Sport is seeking a full-time Knowledge Mobilization Manager. This multi-faceted, high-impact position reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications and works closely with staff, contractors, committees and Board members and other external stakeholders.
The Knowledge Mobilization Manager will work as a knowledge broker, leading key research, advocacy and thought leadership projects for the organization, including leading the research agenda and knowledge mobilization strategy, liaising with researchers, designing and managing projects, and creating content.
The ideal candidate has advanced research credentials and industry knowledge, strong research and project management skills, and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. They are competent in bringing an intersectional gender lens, reflecting diversity, equity and inclusion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the research agenda and knowledge translation plans
- Own the organization’s research agenda, updating it regularly to reflect the strategic plan and in response to changing opportunities and circumstances
- Develop and maintain a knowledge translation strategic action plan, including topics and formats that will support the achievement of the overall strategic plan
- Recommend projects to prioritize in consultation with internal and external stakeholders
- Initiate and lead approved projects
- Liaise with the research community
- Coordinate the activities of the Impact Research Committee (IRC), in close consultation and collaboration with the committee chair(s)
- Maintain active relationships with research and knowledge translation organizations, such as the E-Alliance, the Canadian Fitness and Lifestyle Research Institute, and the Sport Information Resource Centre
- Respond to external partnership requests from researchers, evaluating the opportunities and providing a recommendation for decision
- Represent the organization and fulfill our commitments to any research partnerships
- Collaborate and communicate broadly with researchers and other relevant parties to source relevant research and data on an ongoing basis to inform and support all areas of responsibility
- Pursue MITACS funding opportunities, where possible
- Produce content for knowledge translation, advocacy and thought leadership activities
- Develop evidence-based content, such as blogs, infographics, webinars, reports, white papers, long-form resources and presentations
- Manage related projects, including budget, external advisors, technology elements, graphic design, etc.
- Collaborate to develop and execute dissemination plans for such content, including directly representing the content and organization in external forums such as panel presentations and webinars
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the activities/outputs
- Provide guidance and support to internal departments
- Support internal stakeholders by providing guidance and support on best practices and processes for integrating research and evaluation into program/project plans
- Provide evidence and insight to inform programs and marketing and communications activities, helping to ensure the credibility and effectiveness of these activities
- Proactively raise opportunities across departments for greater integration or use of research and evaluation
- Leverage data and insight produced by other departments to use in knowledge translation, advocacy and thought leadership work
- Other job duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- PhD/Ed or Master’s degree in a field such as Exercise Science, Sport Management, Sport Policy, Public Health, Social Work, Knowledge Mobilization and other applied health fields
- Formal training and/or experience in knowledge translation in an industry setting
- Professional oral and written ability in both Official Languages
- Strong copy writing and editing skills
- Ability to present visual information and data simply using graphs, charts, figures
- Experience applying an intersectional gender lens, including specific understanding of anti-oppression and accessibility principles and their applications
- Understanding of Canadian sport landscape is an asset
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, producing work on schedule
- Demonstrated ownership, initiative, accountability and problem-solving
- Flexible, adaptable and resourceful
- This is a full-time permanent position with opportunity for flexible hours.
- Salary range is $70,000-$74,000 plus comprehensive health benefits.
- Most of the team, including the Director of Marketing & Communications, is based in Toronto, but we will consider applicants located anywhere in Canada. In light of current restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this is currently a remote working position with possibility for permanent virtual or hybrid work environments in the future.
Canadian Women & Sport is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in our work environment. We actively encourage applications from persons who identify as women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and members of visible minorities. Self-identification by candidates is completely voluntary.
Deadline to apply is Friday, March 26, 2021. Candidates should submit their cover letter and resume on Submittable: https://cws.submittable.com/submit/190253/knowledge-translation-manager-job-posting-2021
About Canadian Women & Sport
Canadian Women & Sport is dedicated to creating an equitable and inclusive Canadian sport and physical activity system that empowers girls and women—as active participants and leaders—within and through sport. With a focus on systemic change, we partner with sport organizations, governments, and leaders to challenge the status quo and build better sport through gender equity.