Position Available: Finance & Operations Specialist
We are seeking a full-time Finance & Operations Support Specialist to support our team with financial administration and operational support. This multi-faceted position reports to the Operations Manager and works closely with the director of Finance & Operations, up and across the organization, and with contractors and Board members.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is excited to learn and contribute to the day-to-day operations of a national non-profit. The Finance & Operations specialist is someone who enjoys working on a variety of projects and tasks and is energized by providing innovative solutions to organizational needs. The candidate will have an opportunity to grow their business acumen and technical knowledge in the areas of finance, technology, system operations, operational controls, and data management.
The Finance & Operations Specialist will be required to cross collaborate across the organization providing a unique opportunity to learn about how Canadian Women & Support delivers impact throughout the sport sector. The successful candidate will excel at supporting consistent replicable processes that promote quality and efficiency. The candidate will have an opportunity to support the growth and scale of our tech stack throughout the organization.
The successful candidate will join a team that is deeply committed to producing measurable change while also enjoying the process. We have a supportive, collaborative culture that prioritizes community and connection. We embrace continuous learning and innovation, and we invest in the growth and development of every team member to help them achieve their personal and professional goals. We strive to live our core values in everything we do.
Finance & Administration
- Responsible for the monthly reconciliation and year-to-date spending report for the Director of Finance & Operations, senior management, and program managers.
- Prepare and assist with ad-hoc financial reports and analysis.
- Assist with accounts receivable and accounts payable management.
- Support the creation and update of financial processes within the organization (E.g., expense report standard operating procedures).
Operations & Data Management
- Learn and support the process for defining and tracking success criteria and performance metrics (e.g., Quarterly Key Performance Indicators [KPIs]) for the organization.
- Assist the Operations Manager with technology projects. This includes supporting the back-end data model, system integrations, and automations. (E.g., setting up online applications and integration into our CRM (Salesforce)).
- Collaborate with other departments on data management, quality assurance, and data presentation, as well as the effective uses of technology.
- Assist lead management in our CRM (Salesforce) by identifying qualified and unqualified leads and triaging them to the appropriate team members.
- Support the creation of data acquisition forms in platforms like Microsoft Forms, ZOHO Surveys, etc.
- Drive and/or promote new processes, systems, technology, and operations and expanded capabilities for performance, with the flexibility to align to the unique requirements of the project teams and deliverables.
- Manage and maintain cloud infrastructure along with Operations Manager
- Provide initial triage, investigation and ensures fast turnaround times on issue/incident resolution.
- Develop or help to develop the knowledge assets and standard operating procedures required for the day-to-day business operations
Other job duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- University/ College education or equivalent experience in information technology, business, or accounting; and/or BS/BA or MBA/MS in computer science, engineering, information systems, or math.
- Understanding of operating processes used for systems to ensure effective delivery.
- Knowledge of support and operations practice, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience. Particularly in the areas of operations, finance and accounting.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and adapt to new and evolving environments.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent collaboration & team skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexible, adaptable, inquisitive, and resourceful
- Exceptional commitment to detail and quality
- Experience or commitment to learning to apply an intersectional gender equity lens, including specific understanding of anti-oppression and accessibility principles and their applications.
- Experience working with digital tools such as CRMs (Salesforce specifically), Microsoft Teams and SharePoint, Zoom, and Submittable or equivalents.
- Previous work or volunteer experience in business operations and/or accounting
- Knowledge of Canadian non-profit ecosystem
- Bilingualism (French-English)
- This is a full-time, permanent and remote position with the option of flexible working hours.
- We will consider applicants located anywhere in Canada.
- Salary range is $52,000 – $58,000 plus comprehensive health benefits.
- This position reports to the Operations Manager who is based in GTA.
SUBMITTING YOUR INTEREST
We provide equal opportunity for all applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by local law. Self-identification by candidates in the process is completely voluntary. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please email us at email@example.com if you require reasonable accommodation to complete this application. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline to apply is Tuesday April 25th, 2023. Candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to the attention of Baijul Parikh, Manager of Data, IT, & Operations.
ABOUT CANADIAN WOMEN & SPORT
Canadian Women & Sport a national non-profit dedicated to creating an equitable and inclusive Canadian sport and physical activity system that empowers girls and women—as active participants and leaders—within and through sport. With a focus on systemic change, we partner with sport organizations, governments, and leaders to challenge the status quo and build better sport through gender equity.