Position Available: Director, Corporate Partnerships
Canadian Women & Sport (“CWS”) is a national non-profit dedicated to creating an equitable and inclusive Canadian sport and physical activity system that empowers girls and women—as active participants and leaders—within and through sport. Informed by its 40-year history of committed leadership and impact, CWS partners with sport organizations, governments, and leaders to build better sport through gender equity. CWS is taking its impact to the next level with a focus on scaling its programs serving sport leaders and organizations across Canada.
It is within this context that Canadian Women & Sport welcomes applications and nominations for the appointment of its inaugural Director, Corporate Partnerships (“Director”) who will help drive lasting change for women, girls, and gender-diverse individuals in sport and through sport.
Reporting to Chief Executive Officer, Allison Sandmeyer-Graves, the Director plays a leading role in supporting the organization’s growth through expanding the network of corporate partners investing in CWS and its work.
- The Director will work to refine CWS’s revenue strategy, identifying and prioritizing assets for commercialization that will appeal to prospective corporate funders, and will have direct responsibility to sustaining and growing the organization’s $2.5M annual budget.
- The Director will manage the full life cycle of prospective funders, from engagement and brand awareness activities, creation of proposals, negotiating terms and finalizing agreements, to stewardship activities and renewals.
- Working cross-functionally inside the organization, the Director will grow, foster and maintain strong relationships with a variety of constituents, including staff, vendors, partners and relevant board level committees.
- The Director will provide monthly reports to the CEO, and quarterly reports to the Board, regarding their pipeline and results against annual targets.
- As a member of the CWS team, the Director will actively contribute to supporting the culture and growth of the organization as a whole to help make the future of sport in Canada an inclusive one.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- As the ideal candidate, your career includes a tenure with demonstrable successes delivering sales results from strategies you created from commercializing an organization’s brand and activities, particularly those of a non-profit carrying out systems change work.
- You have a successful multi-year record of leading and closing marketing and corporate social responsibility (CSR) deals with corporate partners.
- You have a strong affinity for sales, with a proven ability to independently originate and close multi-year deals with corporate partners.
- You will leverage your expertise as a proven revenue generation leader to diversify the portfolio of multi-year corporate partnerships and to build year-over-year growth in total revenue from corporate sources.
- Your exceptional organization, analytical, and planning skills are combined with a strong attention to detail and the ability to solve problems and excel in a high-performance culture.
- Colleagues describe you as an outcomes-focused entrepreneurial and collaborative team member who has resiliency in the face of obstacles.
- You are an exceptional communicator who has a commitment to understanding and applying an intersectional gender equity lens to all the work you do.
- Proficiency in English is required, and bilingualism in both English and French is considered a strong asset.
The successful candidate will join a team that is deeply committed to producing measurable change while also enjoying the process. CWS has a supportive, collaborative culture that prioritizes community and connection, embraces continuous learning and innovation, and investment in the growth and development of every team member to help them achieve their personal and professional goals.
To learn more about this impactful leadership opportunity with Canadian Women & Sport, please submit a comprehensive resume along with a cover letter in confidence to Jane Griffith (email@example.com) and/or Sam Walton (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit www.griffithgroup.ca/canadian-women-sport-director-corporate-partnerships.
Canadian Women & Sport provides equal opportunity for all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by local law. Self-identification by candidates in the process is completely voluntary. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Canadian Women & Sport and Griffith Group are committed to an inclusive, accessible and welcoming hiring process that provides reasonable accommodation to all applicants. Please advise email@example.com and Jane Griffith (firstname.lastname@example.org) should you require any accommodation to participate in the recruitment processes.