Canadian Women & Sport Seeks Program Facilitators and Program Consultants
Canadian Women & Sport is currently seeking Program Facilitators and Program Consultants who will help deliver our programming and expand our impact.
- Program Consultants – As a Program Consultant you will coach and support sport leaders and senior leadership teams looking to advance gender equity in their organizations. The engagement is client-facing and you will work collaboratively with senior sport leaders to problem-solve, dissect complex issues and implement organizational changes.
- Program Facilitators – As a Program Facilitator you will work with front line sport leaders and grassroot sport organizations and their teams to facilitate workshops and programs.
Both engagements are for flexible, remote independent contractors.
As a Program Facilitator or Program Consultant at Canadian Women & Sport, you will:
- Be part of leading gender equity work within the Canadian sport system.
- Complete an official onboarding program that explores our theory of change, strategy, mission and vision, policies, programs, and available organizational tools and resources.
- Be supported by the Canadian Women & Sport team, and have access to feedback and an evaluation process, on-going professional development opportunities and a community of other facilitators from across Canada.
Both roles are flexible, remote independent contractor roles. Job descriptions will be available soon and applications for both roles will open in April.
What programs and initiatives will Program Facilitators and Program Consultants support?
Individuals will support different programs and initiatives depending on their skills and experience, interests, and availability. Specific programs could include:
- Gender Equity Playbook
- Same Game Challenge
- Gender Equity Lens Debrief
- Equity in Coaching Workshop
- Game On
- AGM Workshop: Gender Equity & Sport
- Community of Practice
- Panel Moderation
- Other Programs and Initiatives
What skills or experience do Program Facilitators and Program Consultants need to have?
We are looking for a diverse group of consultants and facilitators. Some of the skills and experiences we are looking for include:
- An ability to facilitate, coach or guide gender equity work within organizations.
- Experience with participatory approaches to consulting and facilitation.
- Persuasive communication, including the ability to deliver interactive sessions that educate and engage (both in-person and virtually).
- An ability to troubleshoot and seek solutions to challenges raised by participants.
- Bilingualism (French-English) is an asset.
More details will be available in the job descriptions.
Who is eligible to apply?
We are looking to establish a network of individuals from across Canada who have the skills and diverse perspectives that reflect the Canadian sport system. Our goal is to engage people who are typically underrepresented in the sport system, including those from equity-deserving groups and diverse regions of Canada. We encourage everyone to apply.
What is the commitment required by Program Facilitators and Program Consultants?
Both the Program Consultant and Program Facilitator roles are independent contractor positions with flexible hours. On an on-going basis, Program Facilitators and Program Contracts will be engaged to deliver specific program deliverables. While the work may ebb and flow over the course of a given week or month, we are looking to build long-term relationships with our Program Facilitators and Program Consultants.
What is the tentative timeline for the application process?
- April 1-30, 2022 – Application opens
- May 1-15, 2022 – Application reviews
- May 16 – 27, 2022 – Interviews and selection
- June 2022 – Onboarding and training begins
Applications for both engagements are currently open. Click here to learn more and apply. The application deadline is April 30 2022.
This project has been made possible [in part] by the Government of Canada.