Job Posting: Manager, Programs
We are looking for a full-time Manager to lead the development, planning, and implementation of key programs such as Equity in Coaching, The Next Play and In Her Corner. Reporting to the Director of Programs, you will work closely with sports leaders and sports organizations to bring our programs to life in a way that aligns program management strategies with the broader objectives of Canadian Woman & Sport (CWS). Our programming is supported and delivered by a network of Program Facilitators and Consultants (PFCs).
This role is for someone who considers themselves versatile and adaptable across different or multiple programs at various stages of development. You are someone who can be relied upon to jump in and use foundational knowledge to fill in the gaps where necessary. The successful candidate wants to be part of modernizing and scaling Canadian Women & Sport and has a proven track record of thinking creatively and innovatively, especially in terms of scale and effective delivery of programs. You’re a self-starter with strong communication and relationship building/management skills. You get energized by developing processes to ensure the program content is tracked and stays up to date in an efficient way. You’re comfortable working in an environment that has some uncertainty and want to be a part of bringing a vision to life.
In this role you’ll join a growing team that is deeply committed to producing measurable change while also enjoying the process. We have a supportive, collaborative culture that prioritizes community and connection. We embrace continuous learning and innovation, and we invest in the growth and development of every team member to help them achieve their personal and professional goals. We strive to live our core values in everything we do.
In this role you will:
- Lead the ongoing development, planning, and implementation of various programs using evaluation feedback, best practices and research, advisory feedback, impact strategies, and funder requirements.
- Work with CWS team members, using design thinking practices and CWS program development frameworks to modify the program(s) to the appropriate audience(s) and impact objectives.
- Support the technology product managers to build out and manage the program back end, enhancing the efficiency and scalability of the program with the end user in mind.
- Use CWS existing technology infrastructure to manage the data generated through the program and lead the production of aggregated reports.
- Execute the measurement and evaluation strategy for each program, review and analyze the results and provide internal recommendations and insights.
- Manage the program’s administration, ensuring effective documentation, risk management and related controls.
- Work with team members to engage the PFC network to deliver programming (scheduling, training, issue management).
- Build and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Bring forward innovative and creative ideas regarding how best to scale and deliver our programs.
- Pay high attention to details and develop processes to ensure that program materials and content stay up to date and relevant.
Other job duties as required.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of the Canadian sport system.
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to project-manage deliverables cross functionally to internal teams and external partners.
- Experience creating project plans, managing timelines (Gantt charts), planning effective meetings, and clear communication on next steps.
- Skilled at stakeholder engagement, participatory approaches, and relationship management.
- Demonstrated ability to independently design and deliver high quality, results-focused initiatives that meet organizational and funder expectations.
- Proven ability to competently manage multiple multi-year programs simultaneously, including design, implementation and evaluation.
- Proven ability to develop evidence-based resources and tools designed to influence behaviour for inclusion, reflecting strong research skills and versatile writing skills.
- Experience applying an intersectional gender equity lens, including specific understanding of anti-oppression and accessibility principles and their applications.
- Previous work or volunteer experience in the non-profit and/or sport sector.
- Previous experience in customer service or client management.
- Experience in facilitation.
- Experience working with digital tools such as CRMs (Salesforce specifically), Microsoft Teams and SharePoint, Zoom, Airtable, and Submittable or equivalents.
- Bilingualism (French-English)
- This is a full-time, permanent, and remote position with the option of flexible working hours (core hours are 9am to 5pm time zone dependent).
- We will consider applicants located anywhere in Canada.
- Salary range is $68,000 – $73,000 plus comprehensive health benefits. We determine starting salary based on the candidate’s experience alignment to the role and Canadian Women & Sport’s Core Competency Framework.
- This position requires some travel (minimum two times a year within Canada for team gatherings and as needed for project teaming or training).
SUBMITTING YOUR INTEREST
We provide equal opportunity for all applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by local law. Self-identification by candidates in the process is completely voluntary. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please email us at email@example.com if you require reasonable accommodation to complete this application. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline to apply is January 31, 2024. Candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to the attention of Stephanie Talsma Director of Programs.