Job Posting: Manager, Instructional Design, Education & Training
We are looking for a full-time Manager to lead the development and refinement of educational and training products offered by Canadian Woman & Sport (CWS) to sports leaders and organizations. Reporting to the Director of Programs, you will work closely with colleagues in the Programs team, Research and Insights, as well as our Program Facilitator & Consultant (PFC) network. You will use new and existing research and best practices to support program, workshop, and webinar adaptation/evolution. Using a learner-centred approach you will lead curriculum development and design engaging content as well as a process for evaluation and revisions. This role is supported and will work closely with marketing and communications to ensure strong alignment to CWS brand.
This role is for someone who wants to be part of modernizing and scaling Canadian Women & Sport and has a proven track record of designing programs that encompass behaviour, system and cultural change. You are passionate about incorporating innovative and modern systems and tools to deliver compelling content and training at scale. You’re someone who enjoys working cross-collaboratively and has strong communication skills and can build and maintain high-trust relationships. You get energized by developing processes and are comfortable working in an environment that has some uncertainty and want to be a part of bringing a vision to life.
In this role you’ll join a growing team that is deeply committed to producing measurable change while also enjoying the process. We have a supportive, collaborative culture that prioritizes community and connection. We embrace continuous learning and innovation, and we invest in the growth and development of every team member to help them achieve their personal and professional goals. We strive to live our core values in everything we do.
In this role you will:
- Align content management strategies with the broader objectives of Canadian Women & Sport.
- Create and manage content development processes and review cycles, incorporating best practices for efficient and timely updates.
- Develop and refine new and existing content (i.e. program content, presentations, webinars, workshops, conference presentations, etc.)
- Supported by the Research and Insights team, consult new and existing research and best practices to support program adaptation and evolution.
- Build and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally, working cross functionally to support content needs.
- Bring forward innovative and creative ideas regarding how best to scale and deliver our programs, workshops, webinars, and presentations.
- Work closely with marketing and communications to ensure content reflects CWS brand guidelines and objectives.
- Pay high attention to detail and quality and develop processes to ensure that program materials and content stay up to date and relevant.
Other job duties as required.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience Instructional Design, Education, health promotion/behaviour change, program evaluation, or a related discipline.
- Experience creating project plans, managing timelines (Gantt charts), planning effective meetings, and clear communication on next steps.
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Skilled at stakeholder engagement, participatory approaches, and relationship management.
- Proven ability to project-manage deliverables cross-functionally to internal teams and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to independently design high quality, learner-centered curriculum and content as well as develop and implement an evaluation and revision process.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to build and implement processes to improve overall effectiveness.
- Knowledge of behaviour change, and systems change principles.
- Experience applying an intersectional gender equity lens, including specific understanding of anti-oppression and accessibility principles and their applications.
- Previous work or volunteer experience in the non-profit and/or sport sector.
- Previous experience in customer service and/or scaling content for a national audience.
- Experience in facilitation and training.
- Experience working with digital tools such as CRMs (Salesforce specifically), Microsoft Teams and SharePoint, Zoom, Airtable, and Submittable or equivalents.
- Bilingualism (French-English)
- This is a full-time, permanent, and remote position with the option of flexible working hours (core hours are 9am to 5pm time zone dependent).
- We will consider applicants located anywhere in Canada.
- Salary range is $70,000 – $75,000 plus comprehensive health benefits. We determine starting salary based on the candidate’s experience alignment to the role and Canadian Women & Sport’s Core Competency Framework.
- This position requires some travel (minimum two times a year within Canada for team gatherings and as needed for project teaming or training).
SUBMITTING YOUR INTEREST
We provide equal opportunity for all applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by local law. Self-identification by candidates in the process is completely voluntary. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require reasonable accommodation to complete this application. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline to apply is January 31, 2024. Candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to the attention of Stephanie Talsma Director of Programs.