International Women’s Day
The Global theme for International Women’s Day 2022 is #BreakTheBias – Imagine a gender equal world. A world free of bias, stereotypes, and discrimination. A world that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive. A world where difference is valued and celebrated. Collectively we can all #BreakTheBias.
International Women’s Day 2022:
Join us and CBC Sports for our International Women’s Day live panel discussion at 12:15pm ET on March 8th hosted by Andi Petrillo with guest speakers Josette Lafleur, Signa Butler, Madeline Schizas and Renée Sonnenberg.
Access (and share) these additional gender equity resources with your networks this International Women’s Day:
- Utilize the Gender Equity in Coaching Framework and Self-Assessment tool to improve conditions for women in coaching by identifying the factors that can be changed within your organization.
- Access our Gender Equity LENS module, which, in addition to defining foundational concepts, provides a practical model for bringing a gender lens to the work you do in sport – in whatever role you play.
- Understanding the importance of intersectionality and unconscious bias is important in advancing gender equity in sport because one solution may not work for ALL women and girls. If we do not acknowledge this, we risk building more barriers to true equity.
- Understand the lived experiences of Canadian women and girls that are from BIPOC communities and to identify the best practices for addressing the barriers they face to sport participation.
- Learn how to create safe and respectful environments for girls to participate in sport and physical activity with the Keeping Girls in Sport e-module, for coaches and activity leaders.
- She Belongs offers practical recommendations to create social connection and better engage girls in the Learn to Train and Train to Train stages of the Long-Term Development in Sport and Physical Activity Framework (LTD).