First 40 Organizations Announced for New Same Game Challenge
Canadian Women & Sport and Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities (Jumpstart) are proud to announce the 40 sport and recreation organizations participating in the first cohort of the new Same Game Challenge, taking place from January to July 2023.
- North Shore Girls Soccer Club
- City of Edmonton
- City of Langley
- North Shore Mountain Bike Association
- Autism Aspergers Friendship Society of Calgary
- BC Adaptive Snowsports
- Canadian Adaptive Snowsports Alberta Association (CADS Alberta)
- Gorge Narrows Rowing Club
- Powell River Gymnastics Society
- SOGO Adventure Running
- Fredericton District Soccer Association
- Parasport New Brunswick Inc
- Mi’kmaw Kina’matnewey
- Newfoundland and Labrador Amateur Wresting Association
- Nova Scotia Golf Association
- Triathlon New Brunswick
- Elsipogtog Sports & Recreation
- Sphere Adventure Programs
- Prince Edward Island Golf Association
- Nova Scotia Amateur Wrestling Association
- Run for Life
- Arborg Bifrost Parks and Recreation Commission
- NWT Judo Association
- Manitoba Amateur Football Association Inc.
- Saskatchewan Amateur Football Inc.
- Yukon Soccer Association
- Manitoba Organizational of Disc Sports
- Neighbors Mission for Kids/Youth Enrichment Program Inc.
- Winnipeg Beach Recreation Department
- Freedom International School
- Pickering Football Club: www.pickeringfc.ca
- Kingston Clippers Soccer Club
- Laurentian University Women in Sport
- Speed Skating Canada
- Kingston, Lennox, Frontenac and Addington Public Health
- Lay-Up Youth Basketball
- I Challenge Diabetes
- Trent University
- Junior Roller Derby Association-Canada
The Same Game Challenge helps sport and physical activity organizations across Canada build their capacity to create more equitable and inclusive sport opportunities. During the Challenge, sport leaders will develop the skills they need to close gender equity gaps and create positive, sustainable change in sport.
“Each of these organizations has a unique vision for how they can bring gender equity in sport to life,” says Allison Sandmeyer-Graves, CEO of Canadian Women & Sport. “The Same Game Challenge offers the tools and support to make it happen. Together with Jumpstart and each of the participating organizations, we’re creating a safer, more equitable sport system for everyone.”
Through an enhanced online learning experience, participants will acquire the tools and knowledge to develop and implement a gender equity vision for their organization. During the Same Game Challenge, participating organizations will also have access to coaching and mentorship opportunities, financial support, and professional development to better understand how to engage girls, women, and gender-diverse people in sport.
“For girls, women and gender-diverse people, sport can be transformative, but only when they have equitable opportunities to engage in quality, safe sport,” says Allison. “We can’t wait to see how the Same Game Challenge participants will move gender equity forward in their organizations.”
Canadian Women & Sport and Jumpstart have partnered to deliver five cohorts of the Same Game Challenge, reaching over 240 sport, physical activity and recreation organizations across Canada. Since 2021, three cohorts of organizations (National, Alberta and GTA) have completed the Same Game Challenge.
The next cohort application period will open in February 2023. Interested in learning more? Sign up here.
Looking for resources to begin your organization’s gender equity journey? Learn more about Same Game, a free online tool that provides a step-by-step approach to embedding gender equity into your organization.
Proudly in partnership with: