Call for Applications: Local Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation Organizations Needed for GTA Same Game Challenge
An opportunity for organizations to define and bring to life their gender equity vision
Canadian Women & Sport is pleased to extend an invitation to sport, physical activity and recreation organizations to apply for the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) Same Game Challenge. Thanks to funding support from Nike Canada as part of the company’s Made to Play global commitment to get kids moving, organizations will advance gender equity and improve opportunities for women and girls as participants and leaders.
The Same Game Challenge provides education on gender equity and coaching support from Canadian Women & Sport as organizations progress through the Same Game Online Toolkit.
The Same Game Online Toolkit helps you define and bring your gender equity vision to life. You’ll walk through a systematic process for embedding gender equity into your organization – from creating your vision, to implementing initiatives, to reflecting and revising what you’ve done, and all the steps in between.
Applications are open from Wednesday, April 13th until Sunday, May 8th, 2022, and the Challenge runs from July to January 2023 with onboarding to begin in July 2022. Thanks to funding from Nike Canada, Canadian Women & Sport will support and connect 10 sport and physical activity leaders working to advance gender equity in their organization.
Who is eligible?
This application is open to local community sport, physical activity and recreation organizations within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) such as minor sport organizations, recreation facilities, or other organizations that offer physical activity or sport in their community.
How will organizations benefit?
Successful applicants will receive:
- Coaching and mentorship – guidance and advice for embedding gender equity into their organizational strategies, process, and programs
- Opportunities to share and learn with others – connect with 9 other leaders who will be working through Same Game simultaneously
- Professional Development – Access to 5 free licenses of the Gender Equity LENS e-learning module for organization leaders and staff
- Financial Support – $1,000 honorarium to support organizational gender equity activities
- Knowledge and Competency – Effective solutions and a better understanding of how to engage women and girls in sport
What is the commitment required by organizations?
- Capacity to explore and implement initiatives to embed gender equity into your organization
- Support from Board of Directors and senior leaders
- Attend monthly one-on-one and group meetings with Same Game Coach and other organization leaders
What are the key timelines?
- April 13th – May 8th, 2022 – application opens.
- End of May – organizations will be notified of the status of their application.
- July 2022 – onboarding and Same Game Challenge kick off meeting.
- July 2022 – January 2023 – Work through the Same Game process, one-on-one coaching calls and group meetings.
- February 2023 – Share learnings and successes.
Canadian Women & Sport is committed to the equitable distribution of funds to all communities and equity-deserving groups. We welcome and encourage applications from organizations led by or directly serving women and girls who are:
- Indigenous peoples (First Nations, Métis, and Inuit)
- People of Colour (people who are non-white, regardless of birthplace)
- Deaf Persons, Persons with Disabilities
We also encourage applications from organizations in a variety of communities (rural, suburban, urban, reserves) and sport and activity types (individual, team, recreational, summer, winter).
We would like to thank Nike Canada for funding this project.
For more information :