Apply Now: Same Game Challenge Empowers Sport Leaders to Tackle Gender Inequity
Canadian Women & Sport is inviting sport and recreation organizations across Canada to apply for Same Game Challenge, a initiative aimed at empowering sport leaders with knowledge and tools to tackle gender inequity and help make Canadian sport more inclusive.
As part of Same Game Challenge, participants:
- Go through an online gender equity journey that includes creating a gender equity vision, implementing activities, and everything in between.
- Receive 1:1 coaching and mentorship on how to embed gender equity into organizational strategies, process, and programs.
- Get access to free licenses of the Gender Equity LENS e-learning module for organizational leaders.
- Receive a $1,000 honorarium to support organizational gender equity activities.
- Connect and collaborate with a community of participants made up of diverse people and organizations from across Canada.
- Will develop increased knowledge and greater confidence in promoting gender equity within their organization.
This program helped us understand what changes we needed to make to help more girls and women participate in sport. Having a program and hoping they attend isn’t enough. We need to understand why they participate and what barriers are holding them back.Same Game Participant and Sport Leader
Girls, women and gender diverse individuals face unique obstacles to participating in sport. Same Game aims to address these obstacles head on by empowering sport leaders with knowledge, mentorship, action planning and collaboration.
Same Game gave us the opportunity to be introspective about current practices and policies. As an organization we’ve made the commitment to integrate what we’ve learned to create a more inviting, empowering, and inclusive rugby community.Same Game Participant and Sport Leader
Same Game is made possible thanks to funding support from Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities.
How to Apply
2023 Same Game Challenge applications are now open to sport, physical activity and recreation organizations across Canada. This includes minor sport organizations, recreation facilities, or other organizations that offer physical activity or sport in their community.
There are two Same Game Challenge cohorts in 2023:
- Option 1: July to December 2023
- Option 2: October to April 2024
Applications are open now until June 15, 2023.