Call for Expressions of Interest: Researcher, Writer
OUTLINE OF THE PROJECT
Since its publication in 2012, Actively Engaging has offered comprehensive and foundational information building sport leaders’ knowledge of the psycho-social factors influencing the participation and retention of girls in sport. Actively Engaging, 2nd Edition will be an extensively revised and updated version from the original resource, providing current theoretical framework(s), up-to-date insights and evidence, best practices and practical guidance for implementation. The resource will ground and inform Canadian Women & Sport’s interventions and further the knowledge of sport leaders/organizations to create safe, inclusive and welcoming experiences for girls in sport and physical activity.
SCOPE OF WORK AND REQUIREMENTS
Canadian Women & Sport seeks an experienced knowledge translator to carry out the research and write the copy for this resource.
The specific mandate of this role is as follows:
- Review background materials (i.e., Actively Engaging Project Briefing Note, current Actively Engaging resource, Actively Engaging Review Report) to gain a keen understanding of the project’s purpose and objectives;
- Through the application of an intersectional lens, produce a scoping review to identify current literature about the retention of girls in sport that will serve as the content source for Actively Engaging 2nd Edition;
- Create a detailed outline of the resource for approval;
- Produce a full draft of the resource with two rounds of revisions; and
- Participate in a minimum of three 1-hour virtual project meetings (project kick off, review draft feedback) and provide bi-weekly status reports.
This project will commence in March 2021. Final draft completed August 2021.
The successful applicant will:
- Demonstrate a rigorous and relevant scholarship profile that complements the vision and mission of Canadian Women & Sport and meets the requirements of this project;
- Possess excellent knowledge translation/scientific communication skills, including current best practices;
- Have a track record of successful delivery of similar knowledge-to-practice projects with industry partners;
- Have up-to-date insight (including the Long-Term Development Model) into the needs and interests of the intended audience (e.g., coaches, program leaders, administrators, officials) in sport, physical activity and recreation sectors;
- Be capable of writing copy that is accessible to the target audience and supports significant graphic design to enhance the readability of the resource;
- Be capable of delivering the project on the intended timeline, including key milestones; and
- Abide by Canadian Women & Sport’s Code of Conduct and Ethics
If you meet these requirements, please submit your expression of interest along with the following Word or PDF documents to the attention of Stephanie Talsma, Programs Director:
- Cover letter outlining your relevant experience and interest;
- Brief CV presenting relevant expertise, skills and accomplishments; and
- Links to any relevant publications or research-to-practice outputs.
Deadline for submissions is March 5th, 2021 at 5:00 PM Eastern.
Expressions of Interest will be evaluated on a rolling basis. The section process may include follow-up with shortlisted candidates and a request for additional information.
Canadian Women & Sport is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in all respects, including hiring consultants who are reflective of the diverse population of Canada with respect to age, gender, ethnicity, religion, ability, sexual orientation, education and culture.
Elements of the proposals that will be evaluated, include (but are not limited to):
- Diversity in perspective/background of the researcher or research team
- Alignment with Canadian Women & Sport’s guiding values
- Ability to meet all standards and timelines noted in this document
All information submitted will be kept confidential and not shared beyond the internal reviewers.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The successful candidate will be awarded a short-term contract for the services identified herein.
Issuance of this EOI does not commit Canadian Women & Sport to award a contract or to pay any costs incurred in preparation of proposals responding to the EOI.
For the purposes of this application, the official language of general communications with Canadian Women & Sport will be in English.