50 More Sport Organizations Commit to Upping Their Gender Equity Game with the Same Game Challenge
Canadian Women & Sport and Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities (Jumpstart) are proud to announce the 50 sport and recreation organizations participating in the second cohort of the Same Game Challenge, taking place from July 2023 to January 2024.
“We are very excited for participants in this second cohort of the Same Game Challenge to continue their gender equity journey and develop new skills they can bring into their organizations. Together with Jumpstart, we are proud to support these organizations in their efforts to create safer, more inclusive sport environments.”Allison Sandmeyer-Graves, CEO of Canadian Women & Sport
Cohort two participating organizations include:
- Acadia University
- Alberta World Cup Cross Country Society
- Basketball Saskatchewan
- Bethel Outreach Community Services
- BC Wheelchair Sports Association
- British Columbia Amateur Softball Association
- Border City Athletics Club
- Cambridge Bay Wrestling Club
- Centennial Little League Baseball Association
- Centre Wellington District High School
- Chester Curling Club
- Cochrane Minor Soccer Association
- Community YMCA
- Cycling British Columbia
- Enfield Rugby Football Club
- Equestrian Canada
- Erin Mills Soccer Club Inc.
- Free For All Foundation
- Football New Brunswick Inc.
- Girls in Sport AB
- Grimsby Vipers
- GRIT Athletics Dartmouth
- Halifax Dunbrack Soccer Club
- Halifax Plays
- Hockey Brandon
- HRM Junior Roller Derby Club
- Ingersoll Goju Ryu Karate
- Judo BC
- Legacy Equestrian
- Lights Out Basketball Academy
- Manitoba Magic Basketball Club Inc.
- North York FC
- Saskatoon RUSH Flag Football League/Saskatoon Minor Football
- Scarborough Rugby Football Club
- Scadding Court Community Centre
- Seneca Polytechnic
- Sooke Boxing Club/West Coast Wonder Women
- SOULE Basketball
- South West Chinooks Soccer Association
- Sports Education and Mentoring for Children and Youth
- Table Tennis North
- Taekwondo Canada
- Taymouth Tigers Female
- TB West Community Services
- Watt Riot Cycling
- Western Women’s Canadian Football League
- Whitehorse United Football Club
- Yukon Government Sport and Recreation Branch
Through the Same Game Challenge, sport leaders will build competencies and develop the skills they need to close gender equity gaps and create positive, sustainable change in sport. The program provides sport leaders with learning opportunities, mentorship, action planning and collaboration through a range of tools, including:
- An online gender equity journey that includes creating a gender equity vision, implementing activities and so much more.
- 1:1 coaching and mentorship on how to embed gender equity into their organizational strategies, process and programs.
- Access to free licenses of the Gender Equity LENS e-learning module for organizational leaders.
- A $1,000 honorarium to support organizational gender equity activities.
- Connection with a community of participants made up of diverse people and organizations from across Canada.
Canadian Women & Sport and Jumpstart have partnered to deliver five cohorts of the Same Game Challenge, reaching 240 sport, physical activity and recreation organizations across Canada.
The next cohort application period will open in the fall 2024. Interested in learning more? Sign up here!
Looking for resources to begin your organization’s gender equity journey? Learn more about Same Game – a free online tool that provides a step-by-step approach to embedding gender equity into your organization.
Proudly in partnership with:
Same Game is made possible thanks to funding support from Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities.