46 Sport Organizations Make Gender Equity a Priority with the Same Game Challenge
Canadian Women & Sport and Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities (Jumpstart) are proud to announce the 46 sport and recreation organizations participating in the third cohort of the Same Game Challenge, taking place from October 2023 to April 2024.
Through the Same Game Challenge, sport leaders will build competencies and develop the skills they need to close gender equity gaps as well as create positive and sustainable change in sport.
Participating organizations in cohort 3 include:
- Amateur Athletic Union Canada (AAUC)
- Arborg Bifrost Parks and Recreation Commission
- Basketball Saskatchewan
- Bridgeview Elementary
- Canada SCORES Vancouver
- East Vancouver Basketball Society
- For Her, By Her FC
- Golden and District Minor Hockey Association
- Hero Athletics Inc
- Karate Nova Scotia
- Kingston Yacht Club
- Lacrossing Barriers
- Lutte New Brunswick Wrestling
- Manitoba Baseball Association
- Manitoba Magic Basketball club
- Municipality of the District of Lunenburg
- New Waterford Boxing
- North Nova Highlanders
- Ontario Intercollegiate Women’s Football Association
- Prince George Track and Field Club
- Queen City United Soccer Club
- Rhapsody RG
- Richmond Gymnastics Association
- Rocky Mountain Adaptive Sports Centre
- Sackville Minor Baseball Association
- Sackville Minor Hockey Association
- Saskatchewan Alpine Ski Association
- Saskatoon Youth Soccer Inc.
- SD72 – Sandowne Elementary
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
- Sport Manitoba
- Surrey Water Polo Club
- The Hive Climbing
- The Ontario Speed Skating Association
- The Trifecta Experience
- Town of Minnedosa – Parks and Recreation
- Tri Cities Female Ice Hockey Association
- Two Wheel View
- United DFC
- University of British Columbia Athletics & Recreation
- University of Guelph Women’s football
- University of Victoria, Athletics and Recreation Department
- Vancouver Stormcrows Quidditch Club
- Whitby Ringette Association
- YMCA of Three Rivers
I am excited to be launching our third nationwide cohort of the Same Game Challenge with Jumpstart. Together, we have had the privilege to do deep work with 195 organizations to date since January 2023. It feels big….because it is!Leah Ferguson, Program Manager at Canadian Women & Sport
The program provides sport leaders with learning opportunities, mentorship, action planning and collaboration through a range of tools, including:
- An online gender equity journey that includes creating a gender equity vision, implementing activities and so much more.
- 1:1 coaching and mentorship on how to embed gender equity into their organizational strategies, processes and programs.
- Access to free licenses of the Gender Equity LENS e-learning module for organizational leaders.
- A $1,000 honorarium to support organizational gender equity activities.
- Connection with a community of participants made up of diverse people and organizations from across Canada.
I started the Same Game Challenge because I wanted to level the playing field for females, who wish to participate in baseball — a predominantly male dominated sport. I want girls to feel valued and respected, and this means not getting the leftover field time and not having to fight for the same/equal rules.Glenna Ingraham of the North Nova Highlanders, a youth amateur baseball program for girls ages 8-16 located in Antigonish, NS.
Canadian Women & Sport and Jumpstart have partnered to deliver five cohorts of the Same Game Challenge reaching 240 sport, physical activity and recreation organizations across Canada.
The next cohort application period will open in the fall 2024. Interested in learning more? Sign up here!
Looking for resources to begin your organization’s gender equity journey? Learn more about Same Game – a free online tool that provides a step-by-step approach to embedding gender equity into your organization.
Proudly in partnership with:
Same Game is made possible thanks to funding support from Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities.