2023 AGM: Board of Directors Call for Nominations
Canadian Women & Sport is looking for dynamic and skilled leaders to join our Board of Directors. We are seeking nominations for individuals to fill four positions to be elected to the Canadian Women & Sport Board of Directors on September 20, 2023.
As a Multisport Service Organization, Canadian Women & Sport partners with sport organizations, governments, and leaders to build better sport through gender equity.
Canadian Women & Sport champions women and girls in every arena from the field to the boardroom. By challenging the status quo, we’re dedicated to working towards a sport system that creates optimal conditions for girls and women to thrive as leaders in sport and in their communities.
Board terms are for three years with a maximum of two consecutive terms. Those elected at the September 20, 2023 election will serve for three years to September 2026, per the bylaws.
Our board members play a critical role in fulfilling our mission by:
- Contributing to the development and oversight of the strategic plan, as well as decisions on emergent strategic and governance matters;
- Providing guidance and leadership to the CEO and staff as they implement the strategic and operational plans;
- Chair of or participation in committees such as the nominating, governance, and finance committees;
- Approving annual budget and audit reports;
- Contributing to the CEO annual evaluation;
- Representing Canadian Women & Sport to stakeholders and acting as an ambassador to the organization.
If you are interested in learning more about this position and about our Board of Directors, please contact us by email.