2022 WISE Fund Grant Recipients Announced
Canadian Women & Sport is delighted to announce the names of the organizations selected to receive a 2022 WISE Fund Grant.
Since 2004, Canadian Women & Sport has awarded over $300,000 in grants through our WISE Fund to leaders and organizations across Canada. With the support of Sport Canada, the 2022 WISE Fund awarded 45 organizations $2500 to advance gender equity in Canadian sport – helping Canadian Women & Sport bring our strategic goals to life.
Why is there a need for WISE? Women and girls want different things from sport than boys and men. Often, funding is the top barrier reported on why programs cannot be adapted for women and girls. This annual grant removes that financial barrier for organizations committed to creating a gender equitable sport landscape through a variety of programs, projects and opportunities for women and girls.
Our 45 recipients were chosen by our External Selection Committee, a group of sport leaders from a variety of provinces and territories and with varied experiences in sport.
This year’s recipients represent 10 different provinces and territories and a variety of organizations from the grassroots to the national sport level. As part of our commitment to equity, over 75% of our grant recipients are organizations or initiatives directly serving Black, Indigenous, or people of colour, LGBTQI2S+ people, or people with disabilities.
We congratulate all applicants for their commitment and dedication to equity in sport. We are honoured to support innovative and necessary initiatives like these, and are proud to share the names of the 45 WISE Fund recipients for 2022:
- Acte d’Amour
- Alzahra Cultural & Sport Association(ACSA)
- Bay St George Soccer Club
- Bitches n’ Barrels: Cold Water Surf Association
- Canadian Blind Hockey
- Canadore College of Applied Arts & Technology
- Cecil Community Centre
- Cochrane BMX
- Edmonton Riptides Water Polo Club
- Équi-Libre Therapeutic Riding Centre
- Équipe Cycliste Feminine
- Ever Active Schools
- Falcon Yatch Club
- False Creek Canoe Society
- Fit Active Beautiful Foundation
- Fundy Female Hockey Association
- Future Bounce Basketball
- Gateway Status of Women Council
- Geweldige Meiden op de Fiets
- Girls Gone Gazelle Run Club
- Girls on Boards
- Heritage Community Association
- Kootney Adaptive Sport Association
- Lacrosse New Brunswick
- Lady Ballers Camp
- LaSalle Elementary Senior
- Lethbridge Steel Football Association
- Milton Community Resource Centre
- Mississauga Minor Basketball Association
- Nepean Sailing Club
- North York Academy
- OSEG Foundation
- RAD Recreation Adapted Society
- Royal Nova Scotia Yacht Squadron
- Saanich Fusion Football Club
- Vancouver Basketball Foundation
- Vancouver Pacific Wave Synchronized Swim
- Variety Children’s Charity of Alberta Association
- Watt Riot Cycling
- Whitehorse United Football Club
- Winnipeg Newcomer Sport Academy
- Wuskwi Sipihk First Nation
- Xtractors Hockey Team
- Yukon Canoe and Kayak Club
We are grateful to Sport Canada and to our Review and Selection Committees for their support of the WISE Fund.
Be the first to know about opportunities from Canadian Women & Sport by subscribing to our newsletter.