Here are the 2020 WISE Fund Recipients
Canadian Women & Sport is delighted to announce the names of the 30 organizations selected to receive a 2020 WISE Fund grant.
A lack of funding dedicated to sport opportunities for women and girls is a barrier for organizations working to advance gender equity in sport. Since 2004, CAAWS has awarded $150, 000 in grants through our WISE Fund to leaders and organizations across Canada to help address this gap.
With the support of Sport Canada, the 2020 WISE Fund has granted 30 organizations $2500 to advance gender equity in their organization. Each of the recipients is expanding quality opportunities for girls and women to participate and lead in sport, and Canadian Women & Sport is proud to support their efforts.
The 2020 recipients are:
- Alpha Contact Inc., QC
- Alpine Club of Canada, AB
- BC Adaptive Snowsports, BC
- BC Artistic Swimming, BC
- BC Athletics, BC
- BC Wheelchair Sports Association, BC
- Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland, BC
- Britannia Community Services Centre Society, BC
- Church Street Junior Public School, ON
- Coaches Association of Ontario, ON
- Fit Active Beautiful, ON
- Flags of Glory, ON
- Kingston Gets Active, ON
- Lift4Life Worldwide, ON
- McGill Martlet Women’s Hockey Alumni, QC
- Mooreland Kids, ON
- Newfoundland Rugby Development Girls Program, NL
- Ontario Para Network, ON
- PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada, PEI
- Sask Squash, SK
- Sask Stealth Volleyball, SK
- Special Olympics Ontario, ON
- Squash Ontario, ON
- The Breaks YYC, AB
- Town of Aurora, ON
- United DFC Soccer Club, NS
- Waterski & Wakeboard Alberta, AB
- Whitehorse Glacier Bears, YT
- Winnipeg Newcomer Sport Academy, MB
- YWCA Hamilton, ON
A record number of applications were submitted this year, and Canadian Women & Sport would like to thank the committee of sport and community leaders from across Canada who supported the review and selection process. We are proud to share that this year’s cohort of recipients represent organizations from the community to the national level from across 9 provinces and 1 territory. Congratulations to all the recipients!
For details about next year’s application process and to see how the 2020 recipients are advancing gender equity in sport, sign up for the Canadian Women & Sport email list and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.